- What Code for San Jose Should Learn from OpenStreetMap
- Code for San Jose represents at the Civic & Gov Tech Showcase
- Code for San Jose Celebrates Open Data Day with Mayor Sam Liccardo
- BigData Analytics for Civic Innovation in Smart Cities
- Civic HackNights: Of the People, For the People, By the People
- Designing for the City, Inspired by the City
- Engaging new members with mini-projects
- Code for San Jose in the News!
- Five Key Takeaways from San Jose’s Open Data Roadshow
- San Jose hosts the California Open Data Roadshow
- All posts ...
Code for San Jose in the News!
Aug 26, 2014 • Michelle Thong
Code for San Jose received some welcome local coverage in Metro News last week.
The article, by Jennifer Wadsworth, captures our organization with a great title: “Code for San Jose Converts Raw Data into Civic-Driven Missions.” The story includes quotes from Code for San Jose members Kalen Gallagher, Daniel McCue, Emily Ramos and Michelle Thong and also highlights Code for San Jose projects Open DSJ and CycleSafe.
As you can see in the photo below, the article also features a great photo of Nancy Donnell and Joe Iloreta!
The article also puts Code for San Jose’s work in the context of the broader open data and civic tech movements, citing projects in Oakland, San Francisco and Palo Alto, and quoting VTA’s Cody Kraatz.